When Passion and Loving Sports Meet




Yasmin Abdelaziz, an outstanding basketball player, talks to popyrusmag, interview by Fatma Abdelaziz 

What happens when passion and loving sports meet a young lady? Yasmine is a 17-year-old student in her senior year of school. She has adored and been obsessed with basketball since she was 10-year-old, so let's learn more about her background and how she got started in sports.

How did you start your journey in sports, and what made you find basketball unique?

At the age of seven, I began playing sports in general. Both swimming and basketball were sports I used to practice, but when it came time to join a team, I preferred basketball, due to swimming was not a thing I wanted to master or be on the national team in this sport. Basketball was my absolute favorite thing to do, and I could make an abundance of friends from it because, it’s a collective sport.

What obstacles did you face in the field of Basketball?

I had complications with the captains at first. There were coach who believed in me, believed I am talented and playing well, but on the other hand there were coach totally disagree with this vision, and there were issues with refereeing, they were in some matches skewed in favor of the team that was opposite to us, which often resulted in us being handled unfairly.

What categories of players do you meet in your team or the teams you played against?

While some players on my team act as though they are playing alone, we are a cooperative team and we love each other. On the teams I played against, for instance, there were players who were willing to exact revenge. This meant that if I hit her or dropped her by accident, she would want to hit me as I did in the match but, it is a contact - based sport by nature so everything is expected.

Which basketball player, whether local or international, do you prefer to observe, and why?

I adore Soraya Mohamed. She is a player in Al-Ahly and the Egyptian national team. I feel that she has a unique thinking in basketball and knows how to govern matches so, I am trying to benefit from her style in shooting and develop myself like her due to I am considered the teams' shooter .

What advice would you like to give to the players?

The player needs to improve his abilities and performance and not become upset or take his coach's criticism personally. Conversely, he guides him, even though the tone can come across as a little harsh. If he doesn't succeed the first time, he continues to strive until he accomplishes his objective.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post